Front End Engineer
About the Company
Plant level knowledge is vital to satisfying the food production needs from projected a forty percent increase in world population over the next thirty years. We support that goal by continuously and automatically assessing the health and performance of the world’s +$1T specialty crops, one plant at a time, with deep learning and imaging. Currently, Bloomfield is focused on wine, table, and juice grapes as well as, more recently, blueberries. Our portable Flash cameras and supporting platform capture, geo-locate and share the condition of each vine, tree and bush, along with the various features of that plant. This information, in turn, informs a variety of decisions and actions that growers take every day to increase the size, quality and consistency of yields and doing so without increasing the resources used to produce those yields.
About the Role
As a Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components and enhancing the user experience of our web applications. In this role you will be primarily focused on a React based application for controlling our robotic cameras. You will also collaborate with support for our customer dashboard and data upload stations. You will collaborate closely with our design and back-end teams to translate UI/UX design wireframes into functional and responsive web interfaces. Your role will involve the following:
- Develop and maintain high-quality, reusable, and scalable front-end components using React, Redux, and TypeScript.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to ensure the technical feasibility of their designs and implement visually appealing user interfaces.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability while ensuring cross-browser and cross-device compatibility.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality, share knowledge, and enforce best practices.
- Work closely with back-end developers to integrate front-end components.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in front-end development.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of development processes and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in related role.
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and TypeScript, with a strong portfolio showcasing your work and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in building responsive and visually appealing web applications.
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Git.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred but not required).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with mapping and charting libraries, such as Chart.js and Mapbox.
- Experience with other front-end technologies like MUI and Progressive Web Apps.
- UI/UX and startup experience.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) or Robotics / Electrical troubleshooting experience (huge plus but absolutely not required).
What We Offer
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- Incentive Stock Options
- Training & Development Stipend
Bloomfield is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected classes.