About the Company
Bloomfield is a Carnegie Mellon spinout creating a global platform shaping the future of precision agriculture. We scan farms and vineyards at scale (capturing high resolution imagery and other sensor data), analyze every plant, and derive actionable intelligence to help growers be more efficient and productive. We collaborate with a variety of movement platform companies, from ATV and tractor manufacturers to robotics startups.
About the Role
We are seeking a Data Systems Engineer who possesses strong software engineering skills with a focus on data-centric applications and infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain data-intensive applications predominantly in Python, leveraging frameworks like FastAPI and Dagster.
- Engage with cloud technologies, especially AWS services such as Redshift, S3, Lambda, and ECS, to support the software's data needs.
- Build and maintain data pipelines using Dagster.
- Ensure the effective management of large volumes of image data.
- Develop and maintain Docker containers as required for software deployment.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software engineering with a focus on data.
- Deep knowledge of Python.
- Familiarity with AWS services, especially Redshift, S3, Lambda, and ECS.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and writing DockerFiles.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience with Dagster, Parquet, and DuckDB.
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure using Terraform.
- Computer vision experience, especially with OpenCV or deep learning-based methodologies.
What We Offer
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- Incentive Stock Options
- Training & Development Stipend
Bloomfield is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected classes.